At City View Group our Occupational Health, Safety and Rehabilitation Policy is based on a belief that the wellbeing of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf. People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace.
- To make health & safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To consult with our workers and the Principal contractor and to ensure health & safety is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health & safety management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH&S controls that are suitable to each given situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks.
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.
It is our responsibility to provide a healthy and safe work environment for its employees and visitors at all times. Health and Safety information will be communicated to all employees.
The OH&S management functions are the responsibility of the Human Resources Manager through the OH&S Coordinator and all OH&S procedures will be implemented by the relevant Department Managers in accordance with company procedures. The following OHS&R procedures will be implemented by the organisation
- OH&S Policy
- OH&S Responsibilities
- OH&S Consultation
- Safe Work Method Statements & Risk Assessments
- OH&S Training
- Supply of goods and services
- Maintenance, Repair of Plant & Equipment
- Emergency Procedures
- First Aid and Rehabilitation
- Materials Transport & disposal
- OH&S Information
- Health and Safety Inspections and Hazard Reporting
- Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Internal OH&S audits
- Health & Safety Documentation and Reporting.